Devices need frequent restarts to stay healthy. Unfortunately, many employees do not restart devices frequently, preventing key updates, installations, or configurations from taking place, leading to performance or compliance issues. These can quickly result in unnecessary tickets where L1 simply needs to initiate a restart.
Trigger a restart process across any targeted groups of devices that were automatically identified as pending a reboot due to a Windows update. The restart process then asks users for permission for a restart, with the option to delay a maximum of 3 times, at which point, the restart will be enforced.
This workflow ensures a restart in deployed across devices that require it for Windows update reasons. This saves significant time for any support teams that manually reach out to employees to request a restart.
- Fully automated device restart process using Nexthink Flow
- Ask users to restart now or delay by an hour or in 24h
- After three delays, the restart will be enforced to ensure the update takes place
- 220.127.116.11 - 17 Oct 2023 - Minor updates to description
- 18.104.22.168 - Initial release
This Might Interest You
Proactive Password Reset
Automate the detection of passwords that are soon to expire and engage with end users to request a reset.